My name is Debby Burton, and I am a Pediatric Otolaryngologist. I earned my medical degree with honors from Temple University Medical School in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Because the US Army paid for my medical education, I was given the opportunity to travel to Honolulu, Hawaii where I completed my internship at Tripler Army Medical Center. I then returned to the east coast where I completed my residency at Walter Reed Army Medical Center in Washington, DC. I once again returned to the west coast when I traveled to the San Diego Children’s Hospital where I completed my fellowship in Pediatric Otolaryngology. After all training was completed, I moved to San Antonio, Texas where I served as the Chief of Pediatric Otolaryngology at Brook Army Medical Center.
In 1995, I separated from the military and moved to Atlanta with my husband and two daughters. I have remained in private practice around the Atlanta area, and my current office has been located on Windy Hill Road in Marietta since 2001. My practice exclusively caters to pediatric patients. Because my training included locations across the country, I was exposed to a wide range of treatment options which I am able to utilize in providing the best care for my patients.
My basic philosophy of care is to listen to my patients and their families. They have a story to tell. And that story provides the path which guides me to select the best treatment options for them. Every patient is unique, and I tailor my treatments specifically to them. Because I am a mother who has raised children who both required ENT surgery, I completely relate the parents of my patients. No parent wants their child to take long term medications. Nor do they want their child to have surgery. Consequently, I spend a great deal of time counseling the parents in order for them to fully understand the disease process, treatment options and expected outcomes. By spending this time, I am able to alleviate many of the parents’ and patients’ concerns.
I love my job! I enjoy helping kids achieve optimum health in order to get the most out of their lives. Thank you for putting your trust in me for the care of your children.
2550 Windy Hill Rd. Ste 307
Marietta, GA 30067
To make an appointment, please call 770-953-1414
San Diego Children’s Hospital, San Diego, CA
Walter Reed Army Medical Center, Washington, DC
Tripler Army Medical Center, Honolulu, HI
Temple University Medical School, Philadelphia, PA
Doctor of Medicine
University of Delaware, Newark, DE
Bachelor of Arts in Biology
- Exclusively dedicated to Pediatric Otolaryngology (ENT): special emphasis on ear disease, allergy and asthma, sinus disorders and breathing disorders
- Tonsillectomy is performed using Coblation technology which provides for markedly reduced postoperative pain. More can be learned about this technology at www.mytonsils.com
- Dr.B offers comprehensive allergy management which is determined based on the results of blood testing or skin testing. A wide range of treatment protocols are considered for each patient which includes reduction of exposures, medications, allergy shots and under the tongue allergy drops. She also treats mild to moderate asthmatics with allergic triggers.
- Outpatient surgery is performed weekly at Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta as well as preferred outpatient surgery centers which are highly competent in the care of pediatric patients.
- Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honor Society
- Fellow, American Board of Otolaryngology
- Fellow, American Academy of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery
- Fellow, American Society of Pediatric Otolaryngology
- Northside Hospital and Outpatient facilities
- Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta at Meridian Mark
- Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta at Scottish Rite
- HCA Pediatric Outpatient Center
- Wellstar Windy Hill Hospital